The research institutes which are subordinate to the Minister of Infrastructure and operate in the area of transport, such as: the Research Institute of Roads and Bridges, the Railway Institute and the Motor Transport Institute have signed an agreement on establishing the Polish Network of Transport Research Institutes - POLTRIN.
The idea of the agreement is to strengthen the potential of research institutes, enabling the implementation of large research projects for the development of transport, economy and competitiveness of enterprises.
- The agreement of three institutes operating in the field of transport is an important initiative in the context of the challenges facing Poland, related to, inter alia, electromobility, autonomy in transport, high-speed railways, low-emission public transport, intermodal transport, as well as the construction of a central communication airport - said Minister of Infrastructure Andrzej Adamczyk.
The three institutes conduct complementary activities and have been cooperating for many years both in the field of research projects and, for example, in the area of certification. They are connected by many ad hoc and long-term agreements. Establishing a network of scientific units will help to systematize these activities and facilitate joint initiatives. The undertakings connected with large transport projects on a national scale, such as the construction of new roads and motorways as well as the modernization of railway lines, will be of particular importance.
The institutes undertake cooperation in particular in the field of:
- performing tasks important for planning and implementing the state policy, necessary to ensure the development of innovative, efficient, safe and low-carbon land transport;
- identifying common problems in the sector and undertaking actions to solve them with the help of expert knowledge, scientific potential and research equipment at the disposal of institutes;
- shaping strategic research programs and initiating and implementing joint research and implementation program in the area of land transport;
- implementation of joint scientific and development work as well as implementation and dissemination of their results;
- cooperation between laboratories that the institutes have at their disposal and the exchange of research experiences;
- representing the network internationally in the field of scientific research and development work.