On February 2nd a delegation from the Motor Transport Institute visited the Czech Transport Research Centre CDV – Centrum dopravního výzkumu, v.v.i in Brno.
The ITS delegation included:
prof. Marcin Ślęzak – Director of ITS
- prof. Andrzej Świderski – Deputy Director for Scientific Affairs
- MSc. Eng. Maria Dąbrowska-Loranc – Head of the Road Safety Centre
- Dagmara Jankowska-Karpa PhD – Road Safety Centre
The purpose of the visit was to get acquainted with the activities of the Czech CDV Institute, including the possibility of establishing scientific cooperation. Program of the visit included a presentation of both institutions, a visit to CDV research laboratories and a discussion on starting scientific and research cooperation.
Among the hosts from the CDV Institute were:
- Dr. Eng. Jindřich Frič – Director of CDV
- Dr. Eng. Veronika Valentová - Director of the Office of Grants and Technology Transfer
- Dr. Pavel Řezáč – Director of the Department of Transport Technology and Human Factors
The Transport Research Centre (CDV) is a public research institution under the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic. The Institute meets the key needs of transport development at the national, regional and local level. It deals with issues such as road safety, technologies for the construction, maintenance, repair and reconstruction of transport infrastructure - including geotechnical aspects and diagnostics of transport structures. In addition, it analyses issues of the impact of transport and its infrastructure on the environment, transport economics, multimodal transport, transport psychology, road safety education, transport demand modelling, geographic information systems, dispatch and parking systems and telematics control systems, as well as intelligent mobility and new technologies in transport.